Recent Posts

   NEWS SPORTS |  MUSICS  |  TECHNOLOGY|  EDUCATION |  LIFESTYLES

USA Women’s Football Team Coach To Step Down After Winning World Cup Back-To-Back


Jill Ellis is to step down as head coach of the US women’s football team after guiding the team to back-to-back World Cup titles.
The 52-year-old, who was born in Portsmouth but moved to the US as a teenager, was appointed in 2014 and led the team to their first World Cup victory in 16 years in 2015.
The US retained their title last month with a 2-0 win over the Netherlands.
“The timing is right to move on,” she told the US Soccer website.
“When I accepted the head coaching position, this was the timeframe I envisioned.
“The programme is positioned to remain at the pinnacle of women’s soccer. Change is something I have always embraced in my life and for me and my family, this is the right moment.”

Post a Comment

0 Comments